Connect Google Calendar
They often say productivity begins with good calendar management. Insent provides SDRs the ability to set up and sync their Google Calendar to seamlessly book meetings with visitors.
PS: We also offer a Microsoft Calendar connection. Learn more in the list of related articles.
Benefits of connecting your Google Calendar with Insent
- Share your availability with your visitors by sharing your calendar in a live chat from Inbox or Slack.
- Manage your availability and avoid double-booked slots.
- Set up a minimum notice time to book a meeting to prepare for your upcoming meetings adequately.
- Avoid delays by setting up buffer time between meetings.
- Send reminder emails for booked meetings from within Insent.
Connecting your Google Calendar
You can connect your Google Calendar from Meetings → Settings, under the Profile tab.
Only one calendar per user can be connected with Insent, either Google Calendar or Microsoft Calendar.
The Meetings → Settings tab
Under the Settings tab, you can notice two blue buttons with options to Connect to Google and Outlook 365 calendars. Select the Connect option against the Google Calendar.
Connect to Google Calendar
Permissions required to connect your Google Account with Insent
- View and manage the provisioning of calendar resources on your domain (Please provision this permission ✅)
- Provision and delete calendar resources on your domain
- View and modify details (e.g., name, type, etc.) of calendar resources on your domain
- See, edit, share, and permanently delete all the calendars you can access using Google Calendar (Please provision this permission ✅)
- Create, change or delete calendars
- Update individual calendar events
- Change your settings, including who can see your events
- Change who the calendar is shared with your calendars and other calendars you access may contain info like daily schedules, personal contacts, and private appointments.
- Associate you with your personal info on Google
- Know who you are on Google and associate you with the personal info you have made public
- See your personal info, including any personal info you've made publicly available
- See your full name
- See your profile picture
- See your gender
- See your preferred languages
- See any other information you've made publicly available
- See your primary Google Account email address
- See the primary email address associated with your Google Account
Provision permissions to Insent during the first-time setup
You will need to provide all of the above permissions to successfully integrate your google calendar.
After providing permissions to Insent once, you will see a permissions screen each time you would like to integrate your google calendar with Insent.
Confirm permissions when you set up your calendar (After giving permissions to Insent once)
You will now be redirected to the Availability tab under Meetings. It helps you set up your weekly meeting schedule.
Setup your weekly availability
The Availability tab
Here’s what you can set up in the Availability tab:
The timezone of work: The default setting is the same as the timezone you’re logging in from. You can set up your timezone here.
Available slots for the meeting: You can setup up to 10 different slots in your week to indicate your availability to schedule meetings.
You can define recurring slots daily or just for the weekdays using the ‘Everyday’ or the ‘Weekdays’ option. You can also set up your slots at a more granular level by the day of the week from Monday to Sunday.
Same Day Scheduling (On/Off): Turning this setting on helps your visitors schedule meetings with you on the same day. If this setting is turned off, your visitors will be able to schedule meetings with you from the subsequent day.
Minimum Notice Time: This indicates the minimum amount of time to schedule your next meeting if you share your calendar with a visitor. E.g., If you share your calendar with a visitor at 1 PM and the Minimum notice time is 3 hours, then your visitor can book your available slots from 4 PM onwards.
Buffer Time Between Meetings: This is the minimum slack time between meetings to minimize meeting spillovers.
After setting up the Availability tab, save your Availability status. Navigate to the Meetings → Settings tab to check if you have successfully set up your calendar connection.
Customize your Meeting Invite
The 'Include Additional Information' section below the Calendar settings page enables you to add additional information such as a URL or a short description to your meeting invitation.
The text added to the Include Additional Details section will be added in the calendar description. This information will be visible in the calendar notification and the email invite that is sent out to the prospect when a meeting is scheduled.
Use the Additional Details section to share collateral (as URLs) ahead of time to help your prospects understand more about your company or your offering. You could also append your Zoom meeting room info or alternate contact information in this section to help your prospects reach out to you through alternative channels.
Disconnecting your Google Calendar
To disconnect your Google Calendar, select the Disconnect option from Meetings → Settings when you have an active Google Calendar.
Removing your Google Calendar removes all access to your associated Google account. This prevents you from scheduling meetings through the Native calendar step.
Disconnecting your Google Calendar is a reversible action. You can reconnect your calendar by following the Google Calendar setup process mentioned in this article.
- Go to Meetings → Settings under the Profile tab.
- You can notice options to Connect your Google and Office 365 Calendars.
- Click the Connect button listed under Google Calendar.
- Choose the Google account that you wish to sync with Insent.
- Read through the access permissions required and check the Allow button.
- Your Google Calendar is successfully connected with Insent.
- You can now quickly share your calendar with your visitors and book meetings.
You are always welcome to contact our support team at email@example.com for any further clarification or questions.