Troubleshooting: Why can't I see the Insent Chat Widget?
Hey there, it looks like you might be having some trouble seeing the Insent chat widget on your webpages. Here are some quick checks you can run to identify why the Insent Chat Widget is not showing up.
To check whether Insent is configured in a webpage, please follow the steps listed below.
- Navigate to the webpage, and right-click on the page and Inspect element. You could also do this through keyboard commands (Ctrl + Shift + I) on windows or (Command+ Shift + I) on Mac.
- Navigate to the ‘Console' tab and type 'Insent’ in the console editor.
- This will show the widget function (widget: f) if the widget is active.
You should see this error message in the console if Insent is not configured properly or is Inactive.
2. Is the Chat Widget enabled in Widget settings?
Toggle Insent on Website to 'Active' for the Chat Widget to trigger on configured webpages.
3. Are you using a supported browser?
Insent supports all popular web browsers.
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
We recommend using the latest version of these supported browsers. Learn more about supported browsers and devices here.
4. Are Insent Cookies Blocked by your browser?
Browser Cookies are saved by Insent to track visitor activity across your website and to notify you when an active opportunity arrives on your website. This helps you target specific audience groups or personalize experiences for your high-priority prospects. If your browser blocks some Cookies on your pages, the Insent widget may not be triggered.
To Enable Cookies in Google Chrome:
- Click on the ‘Lock’ icon next to the webpage URL.
- Select the Cookies option and view the list of Blocked cookies on Chrome.
- Allow all the Cookies on pages where Insent is live.
- You can alternatively clear all Cookies in your browser and refresh the page. This should allow you to grant the right cookie permissions and save cookies to Chrome.
To Enable Cookies in Firefox:
- Go to Options → Privacy and Security
- Change your Tracking protection settings from Strict → Standard.
- This change should allow Cookies to be saved on your browser.
5. Are you using Incognito or Private Browsing?
Browsers like Google Chrome support an option that blocks third-party cookies in the Incognito mode. You should ensure that cookies are saved onto your browser for the Insent chat widget to be shown.
If Cookie Blocking is enabled in Incognito, Insent might not load on your pages.
You can disable cookie blocking in Incognito in two ways (Google Chrome):
Method 1: Open a new incognito tab and turn off the 'Block third-party cookies' option. This should allow all Insent scripts to load and browser cookies to be saved successfully when you reload the Incognito page.
Method 2: Go to Chrome Settings → Privacy and Security and check the ‘Allow all cookies’ option in the 'Cookies and other site data' settings. This should allow all the required Cookies to be saved to Chrome and enable Insent to trigger during the next page load in the Incognito tab.
Go to Privacy and Security → Cookies and other site data.
If Block third-party cookies in Incognito is turned on, check the ‘Allow all cookies’ option.
Need a hand?
Please feel free to chat with us from the Insent widget or write to us at email@example.com. We are here to help out!