Account Based Targeting for Salesforce
This article will discuss how you can target and engage with your known Salesforce leads through Insent. To understand how to integrate Salesforce with Insent, please refer to the article describing the integration setup process for Salesforce.
Insent allows you to guide specific accounts through highly personalized chat experiences based on their Lead or Opportunity Status on Salesforce.
Benefits of the Insent Salesforce Integration
- Insent Salesforce Integration allows you to guide your Salesforce leads and contacts through personalized flows that improve your website's visitor engagement.
- Instantly connect your active Salesforce Opportunities to the Salesforce Account owner who has the full context on the account once they land on the website.
- Reduce your sales cycle time by enabling your visitors to directly connect with your Sales team or schedule an appointment for later by picking a slot off your sales team’s calendar.
- Accelerate and align your mid-funnel handoffs from your Marketing to your Sales teams with high agility.
This is the third article in the four-part series on getting started with Salesforce:
- Integrate Insent with Salesforce
- Create Leads in Salesforce
- Account Based Targeting for Salesforce
- Push Insent Chat Log to Salesforce
Whenever a known visitor or an account is on your website, Insent identifies and maps their Salesforce data.
Note: To learn more about how Insent resolves prospects, please refer to this article on identity resolution.
When your visitors arrive on your website, they will encounter the Insent chat experience. You can set up targeting rules and personalize interactions for your qualified accounts and active opportunities from the ‘Audience’ tab for every conversation. You can further qualify your visitors using Demographic, Firmographic information, or their Past Website Behaviour.
To create a custom experience for your visitors, you should first navigate the ‘Conversations’ tab in Insent.
Create a new conversation or choose an existing conversation that you would like to show to specific audiences. If you haven’t set up your first conversation in Insent, learn how to create a new conversation in Insent from this article.
Trigger a conversation based on Salesforce Fields
The ‘Audience’ tab in a conversation allows you to trigger a conversation on specific web pages based on visitor interaction such as form submission or an Element click (Button or Link click). You can also set up various rules to trigger the conversation based on Salesforce objects, demographic, firmographic info, or past website behavior.
In case you are new to Insent, learn more about the ‘Audience’ tab in Insent in this article.
You can trigger a conversation for your known Salesforce Accounts, Leads, or Opportunities by setting up rules to trigger a conversation based on Salesforce field values.
From the list of Audience rules available, you can target visitors based on the following Salesforce field values:
- SF Owner: Check whether the visitor has a Salesforce Account owner.
- SF Contact: Check whether a visitor is an existing Salesforce Contact.
- SF Lead: Check whether the visitor is an existing Salesforce Lead.
- SF Opportunity: Filter your visitors based on the Opportunity Size ($).
- SF Opportunity Created: Check whether the Opportunity was created in the last ‘n’ number of days.
- SF Opportunity Removed: Check whether the Opportunity was removed in the last ‘n’ number of days.
You can configure rules based on Salesforce fields, Insent fields, and Dynamic fields.
After setting up rules based on Salesforce fields, you are ready to go ahead and personalize the conversation flow for your target visitors.
Add rules to conversation steps based on Salesforce data
Whenever you add new steps to a conversation flow, Insent allows you to set up ‘Conditions’ that will dictate when users should be shown a certain step. ‘Conditions’ can leverage Salesforce attributes such as Email, First Name, Country, etc through Insent field mapping. You can also use custom fields created in Salesforce after mapping them with an Insent field.
Note: If multiple MAP and CRM fields are mapped to an Insent field attribute, priority rules dictate which MAP or CRM field is used for targeting.
Use the right Insent fields to control when a step is shown to a specific audience.
Note: You can map custom fields that you create in Salesforce to an Insent field and begin using them to set up rules for conversation steps.
To set up a rule for a conversation step, select ‘Add Condition’ from the options dropdown.
All the mapped Salesforce fields can be used to personalize steps in a conversation flow and be used for visitor targeting. You can set up condition steps using Insent and dynamic fields.
Setup Conditions rules for Conversation steps based on Insent and dynamic fields
You can add as many conditions as you like to a conversation step.
The conditions can be evaluated using a wide range of operators such as: is, is unknown, is known, contains, starts with, ends with, is not, does not start with, does not end with, does not contain, and matching a regular expression.
You can leverage these operators to control the conversation flow based on visitor data in Salesforce and other platforms.
Leverage Insent and Dynamic fields in a Condition to show a step based on rules.
Notify the Salesforce Account Owner and Salesforce Contact Owner
You can notify the Salesforce Account Owner or the Salesforce Contact Owner from the Connect to Agent step. This helps you to ensure that personnel with the right context engage with your website visitors as soon as they are active on your website. You can route requests to the Salesforce Account Owner/Salesforce Contact Owner in the Insent dashboard, Slack, or MS Teams.
Routing to the Salesforce Account Owner in a conversation
Note: To learn more about Routing to the Salesforce Account Owner, please refer to the article on routing agent connection requests in Insent.
- You can set up audience rules based on Salesforce fields in the Audience tab.
- Show a specific conversation to a set of visitors based on the qualification rules you set up.
- You can personalize the conversation flow through Condition rules in the Conversation builder.
- Roll out a red carpet welcome for high-value prospects by connecting them with their Salesforce Account Owner or Contact Owner when they visit your website.