Target Visitors based on HubSpot Lists
This article will discuss how you can target and engage your HubSpot leads through Insent. Insent allows you to guide your website visitors through highly personalized chat experiences based on their HubSpot List membership.
Benefits of setting up Audience Targeting for HubSpot Leads
- Insent HubSpot Integration allows you to guide your HubSpot leads through personalized flows when they arrive at your website.
- Improve your sales cycle time by enabling your visitors to directly connect with your Sales team or to schedule an appointment for later by picking a slot off your sales team’s calendar.
- It offers your active HubSpot opportunities the ability to be instantly connected to the HubSpot Account Owner or Contact Owner who has the full context on the Account once they land on the website.
- Target visitors and walk them through personalized conversation flows based on HubSpot List membership
- Accelerate and align your mid-funnel handoffs from your Marketing to your Sales teams with high agility.
This is the third article in a four-part series to get started with the Insent HubSpot Integration. Please ensure you have integrated with HubSpot and set up field mapping before proceeding with the steps listed in this article.
- Integrate Insent with HubSpot
- Create Leads in HubSpot
- Target Visitors based on HubSpot Lists
- Push Insent Chat Log to HubSpot as an Activity
Whenever a known visitor or account is on your website, Insent resolves the visitor using the HubSpot cookie and email address (if available) and searches HubSpot to understand their identity, and pulls their data into the Insent visitor profile.
Note: To learn more about how Insent resolves prospects please refer to this article on identity resolution.
When your visitors arrive on your website, they will encounter the Insent chat experience. You can set up targeting rules and personalize interactions for your qualified accounts and active opportunities from the ‘Audience’ tab for every conversation. You can further qualify your visitors using Demographic, Firmographic information, or their Past Website Behaviour.
To create a custom experience for your visitors, you should first navigate the ‘Conversations’ tab in Insent.
Create a new conversation or choose an existing conversation that you would like to show to specific audiences. If you haven’t set up your first conversation in Insent, learn how to create a new conversation in Insent from this article.
Trigger a conversation based on HubSpot Fields
The ‘Audience’ tab in a conversation allows you to trigger a conversation on specific web pages based on visitor interaction such as form submission or an Element click (Button or Link click). You can also set up a variety of rules to trigger the conversation based on HubSpot fields, demographic, firmographic info, or past website behavior.
In case you are new to Insent, learn more about the ‘Audience’ tab in Insent in this article.
Bot Trigger conditions
You can show a conversation for your known HubSpot Leads by setting up rules to trigger a conversation based on Insent fields and Dynamic fields as well as based on HubSpot List membership.
You can configure rules based on Insent fields, Dynamic fields, and HubSpot list membership.
After setting up rules based on HubSpot fields, you are ready to go ahead and personalize the conversation flow for your target visitors.
Add rules to conversation steps based on HubSpot data
Whenever you add new steps to a conversation flow, Insent allows you to set up ‘Conditions’ that will dictate when users should be shown a certain step. ‘Conditions’ can leverage attributes from HubSpot such as Email, First Name, Country, etc through Insent field mapping. You can also use custom fields created in HubSpot after mapping them with an Insent field.
Note: If multiple MAP and CRM fields are mapped to an Insent field attribute, priority rules dictate which MAP or CRM field is used for targeting.
Use the right Insent fields to control when a step is shown to a specific audience.
Note: You can map custom fields that you create in HubSpot to an Insent field and begin using them to set up rules for conversation steps.
To set up a rule for a conversation step, select ‘Add Condition’ from the options dropdown.
All the mapped HubSpot fields can be used to personalize steps in a conversation flow and be used for visitor targeting. You can set up condition steps using Insent and dynamic fields.
You can add as many conditions as you like to a conversation step.
The conditions can be evaluated using a wide range of operators such as: is, is unknown, is known, contains, starts with, ends with, is not, does not start with, does not end with, does not contain, and matching a regular expression.
You can leverage these operators to control the conversation flow based on visitor data in HubSpot as well as other platforms.
Setup Conditions in conversations based on Insent and Dynamic fields
Notify the HubSpot Account Owner and HubSpot Contact Owner
You can notify the HubSpot Account Owner or the HubSpot Contact Owner from the Connect to Agent step. This helps you to ensure that personnel with the right context engage with your website visitors as soon as they are active on your website. You can route requests to the HubSpot Account Owner/HubSpot Contact Owner in the Insent dashboard, Slack, or MS Teams.
Routing to the HubSpot Account Owner in a conversation
Note: To learn more about Routing to the HubSpot Account Owner or HubSpot Contact Owner, please refer to the article on routing agent connection requests in Insent.
- You can set up target accounts based on HubSpot lists in the Audience tab.
- Show a specific conversation to a set of visitors based on the qualification rules you set up.
- Roll out a red carpet welcome for high-value visitors by connecting them with agents when they arrive on your website.
- Connect to the HubSpot Account Owner or the HubSpot Contact Owner for known accounts through Insent.