Create Leads in Pardot
Pre-requisites: To Create new leads in Pardot, you would need to have ‘Write’ permissions to the Integrations resource set.
You can create leads in Pardot by mapping your Pardot Lead object with Insent through Field Mapping in Insent. Field mapping allows you to define and map fields to the Insent Lead object and keep your Pardot instance updated with the freshest and most contextual lead information.
Benefits of creating new leads in Pardot
- Insent helps you create new leads in Pardot whenever you capture visitor data through forms on your website or through the Insent conversation flow.
- Your agents can create new leads or update existing lead information from their daily business communication tools - Slack, and MS Teams.
- Improve your lead nurturing efforts by enrolling new leads in specific marketing campaigns in Pardot.
- Setup conversations for your leads and prospects that meet specific criteria (visited website 3 times, or viewed a specific page or website session was over 30 seconds long, etc) through Insent fields and Dynamic fields.
- Setup personalization elements in a conversation flow by setting up Condition rules that execute based on Pardot fields mapped to Insent fields.
This article will discuss how you can create Leads in Pardot whenever a new lead is captured in Insent. This is the second article in a three-part series on getting started with Pardot.
- Integrate Insent with Pardot
- Create Leads in Pardot
- Target Visitors based on Pardot Lists
Go to Settings → Integrations and locate the Field Mapping tab. The Field Mapping tab allows you to map all your fields from Pardot to the Insent Lead object. You can view the list of existing mapped fields in the Field Mapping tab. Refer to the Field Mapping article to learn more.
Add source fields to be mapped to the Insent field object from the ‘Add Field’ button.
After clicking the ‘Add field’ button, a pop-up screen will open up. You can map fields from your Pardot to the Insent field object on this screen. We view a list of all Pardot source fields that can be mapped to Insent.
You can choose a default Insent field from the Insent field name dropdown or create a custom field from the same dropdown to map your Pardot fields. Choose the source fields from Pardot and list them in the order of priority. You can map one or more source fields to an Insent field.
Click 'Save' to complete mapping fields. You should see a notification that your field mapping is successful.
Choose the source fields from Pardot and list them in the order of priority. You can map one or more fields to an Insent field.
The fields are mapped in the order of priority in the field mapping pop-up. The number listed next to each field under the ‘Source field name’ indicates the order of priority, the number 1 indicates 1st priority, 2 indicates 2nd priority, etc.
The order of priority influences which field is prioritized by Insent for targeting and personalization. More on priority rules later in the article.
Note: Note: In case you currently use other MAPs like HubSpot or Marketo or CRMs like Salesforce, you can map fields from different MAPs or CRMs to the same Insent field and define priority rules that dictate which source fields are prioritized.
What is the 'Overwrite' option next to each field?
Turning on the ‘Overwrite’ option enables you to write data collected in Insent to your Pardot fields. Choose whether you would like to write data to Pardot or other sources by turning on the ‘Overwrite’ option for each source field. This would allow you to enrich your MAP/CRM platforms with the latest data you capture in Insent.
Important: 'Overwrite' option should always be turned on for the Pardot Email field. If 'Overwrite' is not enabled, then no other mapped Marketo fields will be written back, and lead creation will not be successful.
Note: You should map the Pardot Email field to the Insent Email field and enable the ‘Overwrite’ option for the Pardot Email field to be able to create new leads in Pardot.
Required field mapping for Lead creation in Pardot
To create a lead in Pardot you should map the Pardot Email field (Lead) with the Insent Email field. The Pardot Email is a required field to create a new lead in Pardot.
We recommend you map all of your fields with Pardot to ensure that the lead profile is populated based on data captured in Insent.
Priority Rules - Field Mapping
Insent allows you to define the order of priority that governs how data is read from Pardot and other sources. The data available in the first priority field will be considered by default for targeting and personalization through the mapped Insent field.
If the source field in the first priority is empty, then the source field value in the second priority will be read by the Insent field object and used for targeting. Similarly, if the first and second priority fields are empty, the third priority field is read and used for targeting.
Priority rules in Insent help ensure that your highest quality data is used for visitor segmentation in the Audience tab, where you can use accurate information for targeting visitors.
Mapping multiple fields and arranging them in the order of priority will ensure that the right data is used for personalization through Greeting messages or Condition-based rules in the Conversations builder.
Note: You can currently map a MAP or CRM source field to only one Insent field.
After Field Mapping: What Happens?
Identity Resolution based on Pardot Cookie
- The identity of a visitor is resolved based on the Pardot Cookie. Learn more about Cookie resolution here.
- Visitor data is automatically populated to the mapped Insent fields based on the lead information in Pardot.
Identity Resolution based on Email submitted in Insent
- When a visitor manually submits an email through Insent, their identity is resolved from Pardot.
- Information about the identified visitors is read from the integrated platforms, and the data is read based on priority rules set up in the field mapping.
Reading data from Pardot
- Pardot fields are read in the order of priority that they are mapped to an Insent field.
- Pardot fields will be read even if 'Overwrite' is disabled for a specific source field.
Writing data to Pardot
- Mapped Insent fields are updated immediately as soon as new data is captured by the bot or through a visitor profile update by an agent.
- Mapped Dynamic Insent fields are updated in the Pardot in 60-second intervals.
List availability in Audience
- Static and Smart Lists are available immediately in the Audience rules list after the integration process is complete.
- Pardot Lists can be used for audience targeting in Insent.
- Field mapping in Insent helps you map source fields from Pardot to the Insent Lead object.
- Map multiple source fields to an Insent field and set up priority rules to dictate which field should be prioritized by Insent for targeting and personalization.
- You can currently map Pardot fields to one Insent field at a time.
- You will need to enable the ‘Overwrite’ option to write data that you capture from your visitors to Pardot.
Please feel free to connect with our Customer Success team for any further questions on email@example.com or Chat with us!