How to enable Browser Notifications?
Insent will request you to enable notifications for the Insent Inbox on the first time load. You should allow Insent to send you browser notifications, this helps us notify you when a qualified visitor is online.
Note: You can change your notification preferences anytime.
How to enable push notifications in Chrome Browser?
By default, Chrome alerts you whenever a website, app, or extension wants to send you notifications. You can change this setting at any time.
If you’re browsing in Incognito mode, you won’t get notifications.
Enable Notifications on Chrome
- Click on the padlock icon in the address bar on the address bar when you're on the Insent dashboard.
- You will see an option to “Allow” or “Block” Notifications in the menu.
- Select the “Allow” Notifications option.
You can also alternatively enable browser notifications for Insent from Chrome settings:
- On your computer, open the Chrome browser.
- At the top right corner, click More (ellipsis) -> Settings (Windows) or from the menu bar at the top, select Chrome -> Preferences (Mac)
- Go to Privacy and Security → Site Settings.
- Click Notifications.
- Go to Notifications → Allow: Next to "Allow," click Add. Enter the full Insent instance URL (https://instance.insent.ai) and click Add.
If you see your Insent instance listed under “Block”, then you can click on the site settings and change Notifications settings from “Block” to “Allow”. This should enable browser notifications for your Insent dashboard.
How to enable push notifications in Safari Browser?
- Go to Safari preferences. Next, navigate to the 'Websites' tab.
- On the left menu, you will see an option to set ‘Notifications'. Select the Notifications menu to see the sites requesting notification permissions listed.
- Select your Insent dashboard from the list and 'Allow’ notifications for Insent. You will now receive notifications from Insent on the Safari browser.
How to enable push notifications in Firefox Browser?
- Click on the Notifications icon (speech bubble) on the address bar when you are on the Insent dashboard.
- Click 'Allow Notifications'. You will now receive notifications from Insent on the Firefox browser.
You can also alternatively enable browser notifications for the Menu button from Firefox settings:
- Click the Menu button and select 'Options'.
- Click Privacy & Security from the left pane.
- Scroll to the Permissions section.
- Click the Settings button to the right of Notifications.
- Select Allow from the Status drop-down for Insent.
- Click the Save Changes button.
You are always welcome to contact our Customer Success team at firstname.lastname@example.org for any further clarification or Chat with us from the Insent widget!