Push Insent Chat Log to HubSpot as an Activity
Pre-requisites: The Insent-HubSpot Integration should be successfully set up.
A crucial part of the conversational marketing paradigm is to ensure that all your chat history with known HubSpot Leads are pushed to HubSpot. This helps ensure that the full context about the Insent chat with existing leads is preserved in HubSpot.
Benefits of Pushing your Chat History to HubSpot
- Preserve all the agent and bot conversations of your HubSpot Leads in HubSpot.
- Ensure your Sales team has a rich context of all chat conversations with your prospects.
- Maintain HubSpot as the single source of truth for your lead and prospect information.
- Automatically enroll leads into HubSpot workflows when the chat transcript is pushed to HubSpot.
This is the final article in a four-part series on getting started with the Insent HubSpot Integration. Please ensure you have successfully set up your HubSpot integration as a pre-requisite for Chat Log write back to your HubSpot integration.
- Integrate Insent with HubSpot
- Create Leads in HubSpot
- Target Visitors based on HubSpot Lists
- Push Insent Chat Log to HubSpot as an Activity
How does HubSpot Chat Log Writeback work?
Insent will push the chat log for a visitor (the visitor should be an existing HubSpot Lead as soon as there are no more messages from the visitor for more than 10 minutes.
The names of the parties involved in the chat (for both bot and agent chats) and the conversation text are exported in text format and appended to the Lead record as a HubSpot Activity. Insent will push the entire chat log, including the chat timestamp (in UTC).
You can view the Chat history for a HubSpot Lead as an Activity. You can view all of the chat details and understand the chat timeline.
What configuration is required for Chat Log to be written to HubSpot?
The Insent chat log is written to HubSpot out-of-box and requires no additional configuration to enable this functionality.
You would however need to ensure that Insent is enabled in the Activity filters list to view the chat history on your lead profile.
To enable Insent in the Activity filters:
- Click on Filter Activity, you should see a list of activity types (Communication, Team activity, Contact activity, Updates, and Integrations)
- Go to Integrations
- Enable Insent APP
Where will the chat history be pushed when multiple platforms are integrated?
If you have integrated HubSpot or Marketo with Insent, then your chat log will be always be pushed to your lead record in your Marketing automation platform.
Note: We can now push Chat Activity to any one system of your choice. This requires an internal configuration.
Please connect with your Customer Success Manager if you would like to push Chat Activity to Marketo or Salesforce when HubSpot is connected.
The Chat log is written back with the following priority order:
- Case 1: If Hubspot is integrated, it will push the chat log only to the HubSpot lead record.
- Case 2: If HubSpot is not integrated, but Marketo and Salesforce are integrated, Insent will push the chat log to Marketo.
- Case 3: If only Salesforce is integrated, then the chat log will be pushed to the Salesforce lead and contact record. Salesforce and Salesforce Contact have equal priority for chat history to be pushed to Salesforce. The Chat log is pushed to Salesforce with the lowest priority.
- Insent is designed to provide out-of-the-box capabilities to write the chat history for known leads and contacts back to the respective record in HubSpot.
- Writing your Insent chat log to HubSpot helps your organization preserve the context of all touchpoints within the HubSpot.
- Priority rules dictate where the Insent chat history is preserved.
You are always welcome to get in touch with our support team at email@example.com for any further clarification or chat with us from the Insent widget