Start using your Inbox
You can also alternatively enable browser notifications for Insent from Chrome settings:
- On your computer, open the Chrome browser.
- At the top right corner, click More (ellipsis) -> Settings (Windows) or from the menu bar at the top, select Chrome -> Preferences (Mac)
- Go to Privacy and Security → Site Settings.
- Click Notifications.
- Go to Notifications → Allow: Next to "Allow," click Add. Enter the full ZI Chat instance URL (https://instance.insent.ai) and click Add.
If you see your Insent instance listed under “Block”, then you can click on the site settings and change Notifications settings from “Block” to “Allow”. This should enable browser notifications for your Insent dashboard.
How to enable push notifications in Safari Browser?
- Go to Safari preferences. Next, navigate to the 'Websites' tab.
- On the left menu, you will see an option to set ‘Notifications'. Select the Notifications menu to see the sites requesting notification permissions listed.
- Select your Insent dashboard from the list and 'Allow’ notifications for Insent. You will now receive notifications from Insent on the Safari browser.
How to enable push notifications in Firefox Browser?
- Click on the Notifications icon (speech bubble) on the address bar when you are on the Insent dashboard.
- Click 'Allow Notifications'. You will now receive notifications from Insent on the Firefox browser.
You can also alternatively enable browser notifications for the Menu button from Firefox settings:
- Click the Menu button and select 'Options'.
- Click Privacy & Security from the left pane.
- Scroll to the Permissions section.
- Click the Settings button to the right of Notifications.
- Select Allow from the Status drop-down for Insent.
- Click the Save Changes button.
MS Teams Inbox
The Inbox tab experience in MS Teams is similar to the Chat Inbox. After integrating Insent with MS Teams you can route visitor chat to your Teams channels.
To stay on top of inbound chat in MS Teams, you can reply to a visitor in a thread in the ‘Posts’ tab in a Teams channel or use the Inbox view to respond to multiple requests at the same time.
Learn more about the Insent integration with MS Teams in this help article. You are always welcome to contact our Customer Success team at firstname.lastname@example.org for any further clarification or Chat with us from the Insent widget!