Push Visitor Tag Information to Connected Systems
Pre-requisites: You need to have 'Write' access to the Integrations resource to map visitor tags from the Insent dashboard.
Tags are a great way to help you understand your audience and segment them into homogenous groups.
Insent offers you the ability to tag visitors using custom tags to help your agents get a rich picture of inbound visitor requests and group them based on the nature of interaction - for example, as a support/sales/feedback conversation.
Some ways you can use visitor tags:
- Identify visitors based on their use-case as ‘Sales’ or ‘Support’ during live chat or on navigating through customized conversational flows.
- Roll out a red-carpet welcome for prospects arriving from high intent campaigns. Mark them as a ‘VIP’ for your SDRs to quickly reach out and connect.
- Qualify your visitors through bot flows in the chatbot or during live chat.
This will help different teams identify and pursue conversations and provide the right resources to your visitors to cater to their needs.
This article will discuss how you can push your visitor tags to your connected systems through field mapping.
Benefits of pushing your tag information to connected systems:
- Push Visitor tag information to a custom field associated with your lead/contact records in your MAP/CRM. The visitor tag information will be pushed as comma-separated values.
- Create workflows based on the custom source field with visitor tag values in MAP/CRM.
How to set up field mapping for Tags?
1. Go to the Field Mapping page (Integrations -> Field Mapping)
2. Select the ‘Add field’ option and locate the Visitor Tag dynamic field in the ‘Add field’ dropdown.
3. Now map the Visitor Tag dynamic field to custom source fields in your desired order of priority.
Note: Please ensure you create a custom source field of Text/String type of adequate character length. All visitor tags assigned to a contact are appended as comma-separated values in the Visitor Tag dynamic field.
4. Save your selection once you have completed mapping the Visitor Tag field.
5. After the Visitor Tag is mapped, you will now be able to view visitor tags in the mapped source fields in the contact and lead profiles in connected systems.
Note: Since Visitor Tag is a dynamic field, Insent will only write values to the connected systems.
How can you leverage visitor tags in your connected systems?
You can engage your prospects through conversational flows or during live chat. Based on what information you have on your prospects about their needs and their urgency, mark them as a ‘Lead’ or an ‘SQL’ using visitor tags.
Use visitor tag field value to power workflows in your MAP/CRM.
Sample workflow: Salesforce
Please refer to this video walkthrough to understand how you can leverage visitor tag values pushed to a custom Salesforce field to be used internally for visitor segmentation or follow-up.
- You can push visitor tags to your connected MAP and CRM systems by setting up field mapping.
- Setup workflows in your CRM and MAP to trigger based on visitor tags saved to custom fields.
Please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com for any further questions!