ROI tab in Analytics
Marketers have a wide variety of channels they can leverage to engage with prospects. Understanding the performance of different marketing channels and evaluating their effectiveness is one of the biggest challenges a marketer faces today.
Conversational marketing is emerging as a strong channel for acquiring new leads and customers, in fact, a recent survey by Salesforce states that 77% of customers say chatbots will transform their expectations of companies in the next five years!
Insent curates the chat conversion metrics and the ROI attribution metrics in the ‘ROI’ tab to help marketers get a quick glimpse of how their bottom-of-funnel has been influenced or sourced by chat.
Note: The ROI tab is powered by the Salesforce Opportunity Object and requires an active Salesforce integration. Please refer to the Salesforce integration help documentation series, to learn more about setting up your Salesforce integration.
Key Benefits of the ROI tab
- Visualize your conversational chat performance in terms of ROI metrics such as converted deals, open opportunities, pipeline addition, and more.
- Get a quick high-level overview of Insent’s performance and ROI.
- Leverage the ROI tab for your weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting needs.
- Visualize the dollar value of your deals, opportunities, and pipeline.
- Understand the conversion rate of Insent chat across your website.
The ROI attribution algorithm parameters
Timeline for visitor interaction
The ROI algorithm considers visitor interactions with Insent in the 120 day period before a timeframe towards ROI attribution.
For Example: for ROI Attribution in Apr - May 2021, all visitor interactions between 1st Jan 2021 - March 31st, 2021 are evaluated and associated Opportunities are considered.
Note: A timeframe for viewing chat metrics can be set through the date range filter on the ROI page. The timeframe can be monthly (last month) or quarterly (last 3 months)
If no prior interaction with Insent exists in the last 120 day period, Opportunity data of the associated Salesforce Lead, Contact or Account will not be used in ROI calculations.
Attribution based on when an opportunity is created in Salesforce
If a visitor has interacted with Insent in the last 120 days, there are two modes through which Insent attributes, Sourced by Insent and Influenced by Insent.
Sourced by Insent
If an Opportunity is created for the Salesforce Contact record or the associated Salesforce Account after the interaction with Insent, then the Opportunity is attributed as “Sourced by Insent”
If a Lead is converted to a Contact and an Account, and an Opportunity is associated with it after interaction with Insent, then the Opportunity is attributed as “Sourced by Insent”
Influenced by Insent
If an Opportunity exists for the Salesforce Contact record or the associated Salesforce Account before its interaction with Insent, then the Opportunity is attributed as “Influenced by Insent”
Key Performance Indicators
- Visits overview: The visits overview section highlights the ROI performance metrics of conversational chat. The visit overview section contains a set of data callouts for different KPIs, described below.
- Converted deals with Insent: Number of deals influenced/sourced by Insent that have been converted during a timeframe.
Note: A deal is said to convert if the deal stage is changed to “Closed/Won” and isWon field is set to “True”
- Converted deals value: The dollar value of deals influenced/sourced by Insent that have been converted during a timeframe.
- Total opportunities with Insent: The total number of opportunities created/generated by Insent.
- Opportunities value: The total dollar value of all opportunities that interacted with Insent.
Note: This metric considers all the opportunities that are active in the time frame and if opportunities are closed in the selected timeframe.
- Pipeline: Number of opportunities that are open and with a close date within or beyond the selected timeframe (Inclusive of the start date of the timeframe).
- Pipeline value: The total dollar value of all the opportunities that are open and with a close date within or beyond the selected timeframe (Inclusive of the start date of the timeframe)
- Conversion rate: It is defined as the number of converted deals/total number of opportunities through Insent. It is presented in percentage.
- Sales cycle length: It is measured as the average number of days for the sales cycle to close. It is measured as the Average (sales cycle end date - start date) of deals closed through Insent.
Converted deals with Insent
- Presents the deals converted with Insent as a line plot. Plotted as Deal value ($) Vs timeframe (from the date filter)
- The table below the plot tabulates the Company Name, Deal Value, Create Date, Closed Date, and Account Owner of all deals.
Opportunities with Insent
- Presents the Opportunities value created with Insent as a line plot. Plotted as Opportunity value ($) Vs timeframe (from the date filter)
- The table below the plot tabulates the Company Name, Deal Value, Create Date, Closed Date, and Account Owner of all opportunities.
Pipeline with Insent
- Presents the Pipeline value created with Insent as a line plot. Plotted as Pipeline value ($) Vs timeframe (from the date filter)
- The table below the plot tabulates the Company Name, Deal Value, Create Date, Closed Date, and Account Owner of all deals in the pipeline.
Conversation Performance Summary
The Conversation summary lists the top 5 conversations that have resulted in a deal
Filters and Sorting
The ROI tab allows you to filter and visualize your conversational marketing performance KPIs in two ways:
- By Attribution type: Visualize ROI as Sourced by Insent or Influenced by Insent. View overall ROI attribution by default.
- By Date range: Visualize your conversation performance by Date-time ranges.
Filter by Attribution type
The Attribution type filter allows you to select the mode of attribution that you would like to use for your reference.
- Sourced by Insent
- Influenced by Insent
If both filters are selected or de-selected, all data is shown. All data is shown by default.
Filter by date - Select the timeframe for the ROI Reporting
The filter by date option empowers you to source data for your monthly and quarterly Marketing presentations by selecting the Last 1 month or Last 3 months date filters.
- Last 1 Month (selected by default)
- Last 3 Months
Top Performing Conversations
Insent highlights your 5 top-performing conversations based on key conversation and revenue metrics. The “Top-performing conversation” enables you to visualize the entire funnel performance from the Greeting message shown to Deal value created.
The conversation performance is highlighted in the followed funnel view:
- Deal Value: Deals converted (or Total Opportunities created if no deals exist) through a conversation flow in dollars.
- Shown: Number of greeting messages shown to the visitor.
- Clicked: Number of greeting messages clicked by the visitor.
- Emails submitted: Number of emails submitted via the bot form.
- Meetings booked: Number of meetings booked by the visitor via the native calendar integration.
Note: If no converted deals exist through a particular conversation, then the opportunity value (in $) attributed to the conversation will be shown in the deal value column.
- Insent ROI attribution is presented in two modes: Sourced by Insent and Influenced by Insent.
- The ROI tab can be found in Analytics → ROI.
- The ROI tab requires an active Salesforce integration and permissions to the Salesforce Opportunity object.
Please feel free to write to us at email@example.com in case you have any questions or further clarifications!
The ROI Attribution Model - ZI Chat