Integrating Insent with Salesforce
Conversational marketing is one of the most-used channels to capture and convert your website visitors. And when Insent meets Salesforce, magic happens.
By connecting the hub of your sales activity and data in Salesforce to Insent, you can:
- Get access to real-time intelligence on who is visiting your website
- Understand what content pieces your visitors are consuming on your website
- Connect your visitors to the Salesforce Account owner or the Salesforce Contact Owner for a particular Lead or Contact.
- Initiate conversations with your visitors when they are active on your website.
- Generate leads at Insent and add them to Salesforce
Insent's Salesforce integration allows you to integrate your Salesforce Account with Insent and use Salesforce objects (Lead, Contact, Account, and Opportunity) to target specific audience segments from your website visitors. Insent will also enable you to connect your visitors with the right SDRs and AEs and manage hand-offs when someone isn’t available.
This is the first article in the four-part series on getting started with Salesforce:
- Integrate Insent with Salesforce
- Create Leads in Salesforce
- Account Based Targeting for Salesforce
- Push Insent Chat Log to Salesforce
Not the Salesforce Administrator for your organization?
If you are not the Salesforce Admin for your organization, you can copy the link from the ‘Connect’ button and share this with your Salesforce Administrator to connect your Salesforce instance with Insent.
Note: Product and Service Notifications from Salesforce are sent to admins of Salesforce orgs via email. These emails are used to alert admins of any changes to features, functionality, or service that may impact the use of Salesforce.
Your Salesforce admin need not be a member of Insent to connect your Salesforce account with Insent.
Connect your Salesforce Instance
Insent allows you to connect your Salesforce (Admin account) to Insent. All pushes to and from your Salesforce account will be routed through this connection.
Follow the steps below to successfully configure the Salesforce account to your Insent Instance:
- Navigate to Settings -> Integrations. You will see Salesforce in the listed integration options
- Click on the 'Connect' button to begin the setup process. You will now be directed to the Salesforce login page
3. You will be asked to log in to your Salesforce instance. If you're already logged in, the system won't ask for your credentials.
4. Enter your credentials to log in. You will be directed to the permissions page. Salesforce will ask you to provide all the required permissions for Insent to work as expected
5. Click on the 'Allow' button to grant access to Insent. You will now be redirected to the Insent platform.
6. Your connection process is now complete and you can leverage your Salesforce leads, account, and opportunity information to target and personalize your website experience for your visitors
Note: If you have trouble setting up your Salesforce Integration please feel free to reach out to our Customer Success team at email@example.com or chat with us through the Insent widget. We're happy to help out!
Account Level Permissions requested by Insent
To connect your Salesforce account, you will need to provide the following list of access permissions during the setup process
Permissions required by Insent
- Access the identity URL service
- Manage user data via APIs
- Perform ANSI SQL queries on Salesforce CDP data
- Manage Pardot services
- Perform requests at any time
- Access unique user identifiers
Insent requires access permissions to the following Salesforce Objects
- Lead - Represents Prospects who have expressed interest in your product or services.
- Contact - Represents a contact, which is a person associated with an account.
- Account - Represents an individual account, which is an organization or person involved with your business.
- Opportunity - Represents a sale or a deal in progress
- Task - Represents a business activity such as making a phone call or other to-do items.
- Event - Represents an event in the calendar.
- Case - Represents a case, which is a customer issue or problem.
- Knowledge_kav - Provides read-only access to an article
Insent automatically identifies and maps all of the default Insent fields with the right Salesforce fields after the Insent-Salesforce Integration is successfully set up. You can view a list of default fields that are automatically mapped in the appendix section of the Field Mapping help document.
How does Insent work with your Salesforce Instance?
Once you connect your Salesforce account with Insent, your Salesforce data will be synced with Insent. Insent allows you to use the Salesforce data to target and personalize the experience for your leads and opportunities.
All the changes in Salesforce data are automatically synced to Insent regularly. For, e.g., if you make any change to the opportunity size or details of a particular account, that data is synced to Insent automatically, and the visiting accounts can be targeted based on the available information.
Insent helps you leverage the strengths of Salesforce:
- You can target active opportunities and roll out a red-carpet welcome to visitors from the account through Human-first conversations.
- Allocate the right resources to each prospect and connect them with the Salesforce account owner who has the full context of the ongoing Sales conversation. Manage hand-offs between agents through Routing in Insent.
- New leads and opportunities created in Insent are automatically added back to Salesforce.
- All your chats with your leads and prospects through the Insent chatbot are written back to Salesforce.
- View your Salesforce Integration status from Integrations -> Apps.
- Select the ‘Connect’ option under the Salesforce integration to Connect your Salesforce CRM with Insent.
- Log in to Salesforce through an Administrator account and give access to the necessary permissions for Insent and Salesforce to work smoothly.
The table below describes the Salesforce field permissions required for the Insent-Salesforce Integration to function correctly.
Field Name (Lightning)
Field Name (Classic)
|Read, Write, Edit||
Account Name, Website
|Name, Website||Name, Website|
|Read, Write, Edit||
Email, Id, Owner
|Email, Id, Owner||Email, Id, Owner|
|Read, Write, Edit||Email, Id, Owner||Email, Id, ContactOwner||Email, Id, ContactOwner|
|Read||AccountId,OwnerId, Amount, CloseDate, StageName||AccountName, AssignedTo , Amount, CloseDate, Stage||AccountName, AssignedTo , Amount, CloseDate, Stage|
|Read, Write||Description, WhoId, Status, Subject||Comments, Id(Lead/Contact), Status, Subject||Comments, Id(Lead/Contact), Status, Subject|
|Write, Edit||Subject, Location, OwnerId, WhoId, AccountId, StartDateTime, EndDateTime||Subject, Location, AssignedTo, Name, RelatedTo, StartDateTime, EndDateTime||Subject, Location, AssignedTo, Name, RelatedTo, StartDateTime, EndDateTime|
| Case Origin,
| Case Origin,
|Read||ArticleTitle,Id, PublishedURL||ArticleTitle, ArticleId, url||ArticleTitle, ArticleId, url|
You are always welcome to get in touch with our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for any further questions or clarifications!