Integrating Insent with your Pardot Account
Salesforce Pardot is a B2B Marketing automation solution that helps businesses automate their marketing activities and unite their marketing and sales workflows.
The Insent Pardot Integration allows you to integrate your Pardot instance with Insent and identify visitors on your website through Pardot. Insent allows you to use your Pardot data to target known visitors and accounts on your website and connect them with the right agents with the most context.
How does the Insent-Pardot Integration enable your conversational chat experience?
- Identify and target visitors who are active on your website by resolving the Pardot cookie to identify a visitor on your website. Learn more about how Insent resolves prospects here.
- Target leads by using Pardot list membership and Pardot field values.
- Record new leads created in Insent to Pardot in real-time.
- Capture and update lead information through conversational chat and update Pardot through Field mapping
- Leverage the power of Dynamic fields to track real-time visitor behavior on your website.
This is the first article in a three-part series describing how you can get to speed with the Insent-Pardot integration:
- Integrate Insent with Pardot
- Create Leads in Pardot
- Target Visitors based on Pardot Lists
Integrating Insent with Pardot will allow you to target your visitors based on Static and Smart Lists in Pardot. You can also qualify your visitors using Pardot fields after mapping fields to the Insent Lead object.
The individual integrating Pardot on behalf of your organization should have Read and Write permissions to all the objects accessed by Insent in Pardot.
You should Authorize Pardot only with Administrator Permissions since Insent will do both Read and Write operations across different objects.
You should have a Plus, Advanced or Premium plan in Pardot.
Insent supports only Version 4 Pardot API. If your organization uses the allow multiple prospects with the same email address (AMPSEA), then please setup the Pardot Version 4 API with Insent.
If you are not the Pardot Administrator for your organization, please invite your Pardot Administrator to Insent and share this article them. If you do not integrate Insent with Administrator permissions, read or write operations may fail for objects that you do not have adequate permissions to access within Pardot.
Insent requires access to the following objects in Pardot:
- Prospect list
- Prospect accounts
To connect Pardot, navigate to the Integrations page in the Insent dashboard. You will find the list of Integrations in this tab.
Locate the Pardot Integration and click on the ‘Connect’ button to start the integration process.
Navigate to Settings - Integrations. You will see Pardot in the listed integration options
Pardot requires you to provide your Pardot Business Unit ID to set up your connection on Insent’s side.
Pardot Business Unit ID begins with "0Uv" and is 18 characters long.
A Salesforce admin should be able to locate the Pardot Business Unit ID.
To find the Pardot Business Unit ID, use Setup in Salesforce. From Setup, enter "Pardot Account Setup" in the Quick Find box (Search box).
Locating your Pardot Business Unit ID from Salesforce
After submitting your Pardot Business ID, you are redirected to Salesforce to complete the integration process. You will not be asked for your credentials if you are already logged in.
Note: Insent supports only Salesforce-SSO users for the Insent-Pardot Integration.
After reviewing the list of permissions, click on 'Allow' to grant access to Insent.
You will now be redirected to the Insent dashboard. Congratulations, Pardot is successfully connected to Insent! You will notice the Pardot connection status change to 'Connected'.
Insent accesses the following objects from Pardot.
- Prospect list
- Prospect accounts
What can you do with the Insent Pardot Integration?
- Enhance your targeting efforts using Pardot data and personalize experiences for your website visitors.
- Identify and route requests to the agents with the richest context on a lead or an account based on Pardot insights.
- Segment your visitors and customize conversations based on Pardot data.
You are always welcome to contact our Customer Success team at email@example.com for further clarification or chat with us!
List of required permissions
- Access your basic information
- Access and manage your data
- Provide access to your data via the Web
- Access and manage your Chatter data
- Provide access to custom applications
- Allow access to your unique identifier.
- Access custom permissions
- Access and manage your Wave data
- Access and manage your Eclair data
- Manage hub connections
- Access Pardot services
- Allow access to Lightning applications.
- Allow access to content resources.
- Perform requests on your behalf at any time