Quick replies for fast response
It's not just one time you say, "Hello, how can I help you today" to a prospect coming on to your website. And it's not just one message. Insent has created the 'Quick Replies' feature to make this easier for you. You can use 'Quick Replies' to greet the prospects or answer the frequently asked questions by your prospects. It's up to you how to use it.
Now, let's jump into how you can create and use a quick reply.
Quick replies in Insent inbox
When you log in to the Insent dashboard, you'll land on the Insent inbox. The quick replies button will be at the right top corner of the input box.
Using the quick reply
You can use the quick reply in two ways from the Insent inbox. Either you can send it directly as it is to the visitor you're chatting with. Or you can put the quick reply in the input box for the dashboard and edit it as per your need and then send it.
- Click on the 'Quick Replies' button. A popup with the list of quick replies will be displayed. Insent will sort your quick replies based on the frequency of usage. The most used quick reply will be at the top of the list.
- Hover on a quick reply from the list, and you'll be able to see a 'Send' button and a 'Remove' button. Click on the 'Send' button to send the quick reply directly to the chat.
- Instead of sending it directly to the chat, you can click on the quick reply text and insert it into the text box. You can then edit the quick reply accordingly and send it to the chat.
- Click on the 'Remove' button to remove the quick reply from the list.
Creating a quick reply
- To create a quick reply, type the message in the input box. The 'Quick Reply' icon at the right top corner of the input will turn to an icon with a '+' button.
- Click on the 'Quick Reply' icon. The popup will be displayed. Click on 'Add as a new quick reply' to create the message typed in the input as a quick reply.
- The message will be added as a quick reply.
Quick replies in Slack
If you are using the Insent Slack integration to chat with your website visitors. You can also use quick replies to engage with visitors from Slack.
Accept and reply to visitors
- When an agent connection request is on a specific Slack channel, you will see an additional button 'Accept and Reply' along with the 'Visitor Info'.
2. Select the 'Accept and Reply' button, and a dropdown will appear with the list of quick replies. Click on any of the replies to send them instantly to your visitors. Sending a quick reply to start a conversation will accept the conversation request.
3. You can send quick replies to the chat as many times as you want. The Quick Replies option is always available next to 'Visitor Info' and 'More options' in Slack.
Managing quick replies in Slack
- The quick replies dropdown in Slack will have an option to view all existing Quick Replies in the Manage Quick Replies -> 'See All' option. Clicking on the 'See all' option will open up a modal with available quick replies.
2. Click 'Send' next to each saved quick reply to send out a message to your visitor.
Send a quick reply to the visitor from the modal view
Quick reply has been sent to a visitor
3. To delete a quick reply from the list, select the 'Delete quick reply' option under Manage Quick Replies. A modal with the option to delete existing quick replies will show up. Click on the 'Delete' button and confirm your decision to remove a quick reply from the list.
Manage Quick Replies -> Delete Quick Reply
Confirm your decision to delete a quick reply
4. The 'Create Quick Reply' option enables you to create new quick replies for your team. You can type the message to be saved as the quick reply in the modal and click 'Save'. The quick reply message will be added to the list when you save the quick reply.
Create a new quick reply from the Create Quick Reply option
Note: You cannot create duplicate quick replies.
Insent does not allow duplicate quick replies to be created
Quick replies in MS Teams
The Insent MS Teams integration allows you to configure and send out quick replies (canned messages) from MS Teams.
Configure a quick reply in MS Teams
- Click on the More Options button.
- Select the ‘Create new quick reply’ option
- Enter the text you would like to use for a quick reply.
- Save the quick reply.
Create a quick reply in MS Teams
Now you can use the quick reply in live chat with prospects.
You cannot have duplicate quick replies. Checks exist to prevent agents from re-creating another quick reply with the same message.
View the list of quick replies in Teams
- Click on the ‘More Options’ button.
- Select the 'See all quick replies' option
- You can now view the list of existing quick replies that are saved.
View a list of existing quick replies from MS Teams
Delete a quick reply in Teams
- Click on the More Options button.
- Select the ‘Delete quick reply’ option
- Choose the quick reply that you would like to remove from Insent.
- Save your choice.
Deleting a Quick Reply will remove the Quick Reply from all agents. Deleting a Quick Reply will remove the Quick Reply across Slack, Inbox, and MS Teams.
Send a quick reply to a visitor
Your agents can send out quick replies from the ‘Quick Replies’ button. You can choose a quick reply to send out to visitors from the list of pre-configured quick replies in your MS Teams instance.
To send out a quick reply:
- Click on the 'Quick Replies' button.
- An option to ‘Send quick reply’ appears below the list of chat options.
- Choose an existing quick reply from the Quick Replies drop-down menu.
- Click the 'Send quick reply' option to send out a quick reply.
Send out a quick reply from MS Teams.
You are always welcome to get in touch with our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for any further clarification or chat with us from the Insent widget!