Restrict what emails your visitors can submit
Email submission is an important step towards qualifying and engaging with a site visitor. It becomes important for B2B businesses to understand the visitor’s identity to serve them better.
Benefits of email validation:
- Improve the number of work emails submitted via chat.
- Improve SDR productivity through time saved in outreach to spam or personal email submissions.
- Build a holistic picture of the account you are engaging with and take advantage of your ABM enrichment efforts.
Pre-requisites: To configure a conversation step in the conversation flow, you will need to have permissions to ‘Edit’ conversations in the Conversations tab.
This article describes the following:
- How does email validation work?
- What emails can I restrict using the ‘Block free email providers’ advanced option?
- Setting up the email validation step in the ‘Capture user data step.’
How does email validation work?
Insent’s email validation algorithm checks the email domain submitted by a site visitor on a chatbot form. It ensures that the email submitted is not associated with known personal email service providers or spam mail services. Email validation helps ensure that the leads captured are more interested in engaging with your company and understanding your offerings.
List of restricted domains (click on see the list to learn more)
What emails can I restrict using the ‘Block free email providers’ advanced option?
You can find the list of restricted domains here.
You can also use Insent field parameters like Country, Email, Phone number, etc., to show a specific step to a visitor. You can cascade rules using the ‘add rule’ button available in each ‘Condition' option to create elaborate rule-based conversation flows.
Configure a ‘Conditions’ option for showing a step to a visitor based on a set of rules.
Setting up the email validation option in the ‘Capture user data' step.
To set up an email validation step:
- Add a new ‘Capture user data step.’
- By default, the ‘Block free email providers’ advanced option is enabled.
- To understand the list of restricted domains, refer to the list of options shared in the ‘See list’ option.
- Configure the ‘Conditions’ option to show a particular step to a visitor based on the visitor's previously collected information.
- Save the conversation to update the changes made to the step.
- Make the conversation live.
Setting up email validation in the 'Capture user data' step.
The email validation step is added by default to the 'Capture user data' step. You can enable or disable email validation through the checkbox.
- You can locate the email validation option under the additional options drop-down: 'Block free email providers' option.
- You can enable email validation in a 'Capture user data' step by enabling the 'Block free email providers' option.
- Save the conversation and make it live to enable the email validation option in the 'Capture user data step.'
You are always welcome to contact our support team at email@example.com for any further clarification or questions.